Get the look….the YOU way
DKNY´s Sleek and Natural side parted hair.
1) Your hair will be easier to manage if it is clean and freshly washed and conditioned. We at theYOUway suggest using Kérastase Christalliste Bain Cristal Shampoo and Lait Cristal Conditioner. After, roughly dry your hair using your hands and create a low side parting, sectioning the hair from the parting to the crown.
2) Blow dry your hair in sections, using a Round Brush as this creates a sleek and smooth finish. While blow drying, apply tension with the brush at the roots and loosen the tension as you get to the ends of the hair.
3) Once the section near the forehead is dry and smooth, sweep the hair down low over your forehead and secure it behind your ear with a hair pin. Next pull some hair forward over the ear to hide the hairpin and give the whole look a little less polish.
4) Pull and twist the hair (like a rope) on both sides towards the back of the head and spray it with a light hairspray like Redken Fashion Work 12 or a seasalt spray like Davines No14 Salt Water Spray. Hold the twisted rope hair and apply heat with a diffuser til it is completely dry.
5) For a natural tousled effect, pin the twisted rope hair up for a little while. Once the rope of hair is released, you will instantly have natural looking tousled hair!
6) If you want a textured fly away feel, push the hair upwards against its natural grain around the crown of the head.
Now do it…theYOUway ;)